October 28th, 2010
Session 1: Design of Variable Stiffness Actuators
- 8:30 – 8:50 P. Robuffo Giordano. Welcome and introduction by the organizers
- 8:50 – 9:30 Invited Talk: Darwin Caldwell. Humanoids Among Us: Mechanisms and Challenges.
- 9:30 – 9:50 J.-J. Park and J.-B. Song. Design and Analysis of a Safe Robot Arm using Safe Joint Mechanism for Physical Human-Robot Interaction.
- 9:50 – 10:10 M. Laffranchi, N. G. Tsagarakis, and D. G. Caldwell. Introducing Variable Physical Damping in Compliant Robotic Joints: the VPDA Actuation System.
- 10:10 – 10:30 A. Jafari, N. G. Tsagarakis, and D. G. Caldwell. AwAS: Energetically Efficient Actuator for Tuning Joint Stiffness.
- 10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
Session 2: Control of Variable Stiffness Actuators
- 11:00 – 11:40 Invited Talk: Claudio Melchiorri. Design of Robot Hands: Anthropomorphism, Compliance and Control
- 11:40 – 12:00 F. Flacco and A. De Luca. On Control of Flexible Joint: Gravity Cancellation and Stiffness Estimation.
- 12:00 – 12:20 L. C. Visser, R. Carloni, and S. Stramigioli. Energy Efficient Actuation with Variable Stiffness Actuators.
- 12:20 – 12:40 A. Serio, G. Grioli, I. Sardellitti, N. G. Tsagarakis, and A. Bicchi. Decoupled Impedance Observer for a Variable Stiffness Robot.
- 12:40 – 13:40 Lunch
Session 3: Human-Robot Interaction
- 13:40 – 14:20 Invited Talk: Rachid Alami. On Some Decisional Issues in Human-Robot Interaction
- 14:20 – 14:40 T. Collins. Toward a Robust Sensor Interpretation Framework for Human Friendly Robot Systems.
- 14:40 – 15:00 A. Aly and A. Tapus. Gestures Imitation with a Mobile Robot in the Context of Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) for Children with Autism.
- 15:00 – 15:20 J. Peters, J. Kober, K. Mülling, O. Krömer, D. Nguyen-Tuong, Z. Wang, M. Rodriguez Gomez, and M. Grosse-Wentrup. Learning as a key ability for Human-Friendly Robots.
- 15:20 – 15:50 Coffee break
Session 4: Haptics/Teleoperation
- 15:50 – 16:30 Invited Talk: Domenico Prattichizzo. A synergy-based approach to haptic and graphic rendering for human hands
- 16:30 – 16:50 S. M. C. Alaimo, L. Pollini, J. P. Bresciani, and H. H. Bülthoff. Augmented Human-Machine Interface: Providing a Novel Haptic Cueing to the Tele-Operator.
- 16:50 – 17:10 P. Robuffo Giordano, A. Franchi, H. I. Son, C. Secchi, D. J. Lee, and H. H. Bülthoff. Towards Bilateral Teleoperation of Multi-Robot Systems.
- 17:10 – 19:00 Lab tours/Demos
- 19:00 Dinner
October 29th, 2010
Session 5: Applications
- 8:50 – 9:30 Invited Talk: Gijs Janssens. Domestic Robots: to be safe, or not to be at all.
- 9:30 – 9:50 S. Fuchs, S. Haddadin, M. Keller, S. Parusel, A. Kolb and M. Suppa. Cooperative Bin-Picking with Time-of-Flight Camera and Impedance Controlled DLR Lightweight Robot III.
- 9:50 – 10:10 S.M.M. De Rossi, T. Lenzi, N. Vitiello, and M.C. Carrozza. The Neurobotics Paradigm: NEURARM and NEUROExos.
- 10:10 – 10:40 Coffee break
Session 6: User Evaluations
- 10.40 – 11:20 Invited Talk: Marc Ernst. Using Interactive Technology to Study Human Perception and Action.
- 11:20 – 11:40 I. Kossyk, J. Doerr, L. Raschendoerfer and K. Kondak. Towards intuitive haptic interfaces.
- 11:40 – 12:00 C. Roncancio, E. Zalama, and J. Gomez. Human-Robot communication: Development of an evaluation for a Service Robot’s interaction.
- 12:00 – 12:20 M. Vircikova and P. Sincak. Dance Choreography Design of Humanoid Robots using Interactive Evolutionary Computation.
- 12:20 – 12:40 Organizing committee. Summary and farewell.
- 12:40 – 13:40 Lunch